For more than 30 years, Cumberland Surety has provided insurance agency and underwriting services for coal reclamation risks and other categories of surety bonds.
Cumberland works closely with NewBridge Services, Inc. to provide underwriting and claims mitigation services to Indemnity National Insurance Company (INIC) and other insurance carriers.
Cumberland also handles a broad book of standard surety business representing several “A” rated national sureties.
Cumberland’s team has more than 75 years of combined experience across the spectrum of surety reclamation including on-the-ground mining and regulatory.
Services / Products
In addition to underwriting activities and support, Cumberland’s services to a mining operation are extensive and includes:
- Initial Risk Presentation
- Gathering / Reviewing financial and physical data
- Analyzing risk into a manageable model
- Contract structuring between the surety, mining company and principals
- Approval and documentation of Program Limits, Bond Sizes, Rates, and Collateral
- Management of Bonding Programs
- Issuing bonds as needed and authorized
- Tracking bond exposure: by Bond, Permit and Permittee
- Processing bond additions and releases
- Annual Renewal Processing
- Collateral Accounting
- Ongoing monitoring of operations to assure continued compliance with regulatory standards